To my fellow Anti Fed Ed/CCSS Warriors, the featured picture you see is NOT new. Nor is the one below. However, I am using these past key pieces of evidence to raise the question
‘At what cost will we, as Americans, have to pay before all the CCSS Machine’s alignment of education to workforce is complete?’
The source of both the screen shots you see, can be found here. The presentation is 63 slides in all. However, I chose this particular slide to pose another question. WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) was signed into law back in 2014. All the alignment and implementation was to be completed by 2016. Note that the information uses ‘four-year strategy’.
So, that would mean in 2018, States would need to develop more workforce/education plans right?
Not so. In WIOA’s language, the alignment was built in to carry through to 2020! (see slide 6)
(*Note: in ESSA, Every Student Succeeds Act, the skill based assessments and accountability measures each State is to be held to by the federal government, is also 2020.)
Warriors, you can also use this slide/information to understand that the alignment involves many other State level agencies and plans. I’ve shared with you in the past how TANF, Perkins, and CTE levy a huge cost for American citizens. Both in financial and physical terms. However, it’s the mental cost of each citizen which should be the most concerning.
Warriors, in research, there are times your questions take some time to find the answers. Then, there are others, where your questions are almost immediately answered. I bring this up because in my ever wondering mind of just how deeply entwined are the U.S. Dept of Education and CCSS Machine member groups, I found the following information.
1) To access the above page from the Internet, go here.
2) To see the Tool Kit designed by AFT, NEA, U.S. Dept. of Ed, AASA, NSBA, CGCS, FMCS, and the CCSSO (which also has micromanaged each State’s ESSA Plans), find it here. (*Note: you’ll find Linda Darling-Hammond and Robert Marzano as key people. As you know both are notoriously sold out to CCSS and SEL.)
3) If you’d like to learn more about the FMCS, find that now. (*Note, be sure to look around their website, in depth.)
4) To see the FMCS 2017 Budget and how they will use our taxpayer dollars for helping align education and the workforce, look here. (*Note: while the Budget wording sounds like the past two years of Conferences haven’t happened, I found this evidence of the 2016 FMCS Conference.)
5) To see the U.S. Dept. of Ed’s 2011 announcement for Trade Agreements with Community Colleges to help foster Labor-Management efforts look here. Somewhat related is the U.S. Dept. of Labor’s Education/Training Study involving community colleges and partnerships. Find that information here.
6) From the AFT’s website, this excerpt as to why they support Labor-Management for aligned education/workforce, “Besides an engaging curriculum, small class sizes, support for teachers, and wraparound services to meet children’s emotional, social, and health needs, a focus on strengthening labor-management partnerships must be part of any serious school-improvement effort. Such an effort requires time. Relationships between union and district leaders can take months and even years to build; no great partnership happens overnight. For those who wish to engage in this rewarding work, the following pages serve as a guide for how not to go it alone.” (source)
7) To remind us of the true allegiances of NEA and AFT, look below:
8) Sec. DeVos also supports CTE (which is a key ‘selling’ point to labor-management in education) and considers it among the ‘school choice’options.
9) The NSC (National Skills Coalition) has strong ties to the CCSS Machine and its efforts to align America to a workforce education based system. (*Hint: 5 million apprenticeships over the next 5 years.) Be sure to access their agenda from their latest Conference where they had invited Sec. DeVos and other federal agency representatives to discuss the shift in education.
10) The NSC joined a host of other CCSS Machine groups in seeking Sec. DeVos’s support to streamline and increase data mining in higher education. Our U.S. Congress has also bought into this concept. The real goal is NOT efficiency or reducing debt, it’s about the shift to track students throughout their education/career for control in what they learn.
The Real Shocker:
Warriors, I’ve given you quite a bit of evidence so far in this article. However, the really big news about this shift in education involves another cost for Americans. Our physical safety.
Maybe you heard this news already. Many probably haven’t, though. I don’t doubt the media spin has had this purposefully muted by the health care situation in D.C. So, what could be so alarming to me? I’ve made a screen shot for you. I’ll get into WHY this is a ‘big deal’ immediately following the graphic.
1) Job Corps was included in the 1960s Einshower War on Poverty. It was used along with other Einshower programs which united education and labor.
2) The 2017 U.S. House of Representatives Appropriations Report has Job Corps included on Page 8. Job Corps is in ESSA and WIOA.
3) Among the 2018 Presidential Budget Requests, an increase for Job Corps was included. I laid this out, along with 84 OTHER workforce/education priorities for the Anti Fed Ed/CCSS Warrior. (*Note: see Page 5, item 2 for the Job Corps priority.)
4) To access the entire March 2017 Report, find it here.
Now, Warriors, in my mind, both as a mom and a taxpayer are these red flags:
1) Since the federal government is shifting education to that of a workforce centered one AND increasing how much money is being spent to do so, why is it not safe? 2) What parent can be OKAY with knowing they are sending their children to job employment places supposedly designed to help them, when the very creators of such places cannot manage them? 3) How is MORE money going to fix Job Corps?! It won’t remove the damage already done!! 4) One of the supposed benefits of WIOA was to ‘increase the quality’ at local job centers.
Is it NOT enough to have the cost of alignment impact us mentally, but phyiscally as well? It appears our government has totally turned its back on the people.
Warriors, I am not suggesting we operate in the spirit of fear; rather, we use this information to hold our governing leaders accountable. Our Declaration of Indepence stated we have ‘life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness’. Woven into our U.S. Constitution is the repeated right of privacy.
As long as we are fighting in the War vs the Core, we must recognize the following tactics:
a) lies and fallacies
b) control from the top/down
c) fear as a weapon to control
d) non conformists will be marginalized
Warriors, again, I ask, at what cost will ‘enough’ be enough for We the People to say ‘no more!’?